Monday, May 30

COCKROACHES



What the cram.  I just sat here for an over an hour trying to load a video in which I demonstrate what it's actually like to KILL one of these babies, but it never finished.  So, like the sound of the insects video, you will just have to imagine it for yourself.  But maybe it's a good thing I can't put everything on here, because then I will have something to show you when I get home.  

Anyway.  Let's get started.

Cockroaches.  

Fast Facts:

They are freaking disgusting.  I don't know if I had ever seen one in real life before coming to Mexico, but now I have seen enough to last me til I'm 90.  They are gross.  

They range in size from huge to flippin ginormous.  

They run fast.  

They wiggle their antenas a lot.  

They walk along the edge of the room usually, which implies they have a natural instinct that evil Americans will squish them if they are in the middle of the floor.  

They can and do climb walls.  

They crunch when you squish them.  

They twitch when they are dead.  

They can't flip themselves back over if they somehow land on their backs.  

They only come out at night, which makes them even more freaky.  

Even though cockroaches are all of the above, I have decided they are better than spiders.  And don't be thinking to yourself, "Oh, you just forgot what spiders are like."  No I didn't.  I squished a cockroach one night, and then the next night I squished a spider, and let me tell you, the spider was a billion times worse.  Even though cockroaches are way bigger and way louder during the squishing process and way dirtier during the cleaning process, cockroaches are just dumb little creatures who randomly happen to be wandering in your living space and they have no clue what they are doing.  

Spiders, on the other hand, are evil little twitching devils that purposely crawl around you just because they know you hate them.  Because I do hate them.

So I can handle cockroaches.  They don't get personal, you know?

Or at least they didn't.  Until last night when there was one crawling all over the shelf that houses my toothpaste and retainer and hair stuff and pretty much everything I use on a daily basis.  That was pushing the boundaries.  

The other problem is that they are way more prevelant than spiders.  I have only seen 2 spiders in my room, and I have seen like 20 cockroaches.  Or more.  Last night there were three.  And that's just my room.  I've seen plenty more elsewhere.   So in that regard, cockroaches lose.

Anyway, they are repulsive and you should be grateful you don't have to deal with them on a daily basis, as I do.  Maybe I will find a super huge one and kill it and bring it home for all to see.  Or maybe I will bring one home for each person!  In your own personal baggie.  That would be cool.  

Just kidding.

If you forgot what a cockroach is like, go watch Men in Black.  That's what they remind me of.

The end.

1 comment:

  1. I love your blog and I'm so glad you're having a great time! They are a world away, but almost every one of your posts reminds me of my time in Russia. They have boxed milk, drinkable yogurt, and cockroaches!

    So, for "fun" you could kill nice big cockroaches, tape them to postcards and send them to friends and family.

    :)

    Emily (Peery)

    ReplyDelete