Saturday, August 13

It's a Good Thing They Love Me

*See Scene 2...
Tuesday, August 9, 2011

8:30 p.m.

Scene:  Kitchen, television on, little boy sitting at the table, young woman standing about 5 feet away from table, and me.

My thoughts:  I'm going to eat cereal right now.

My actions:  Feet walking, eyes looking at cereal, hands swinging whichever way they feel.

Results:  I knock over a GIANT cup FULL of agua de betabel.  A.k.a. PURPLE JUICE.  It spills EVERYWHERE.  All over the floor.  All over the chair.  All over the table.  All over everything on the table, including little puzzle books, napkins, vitamins, boxes, papers, a ruler, a razor blade, etc.

The aftermath:  Young woman comes to the rescue, cleaning everything up for me, salvaging whatever possible, mopping the floor, and taking the blame when another little boy enters the scene, sees his little books ruined, and yells at her.  And when she finishes, she says to me, "Okay, you continue.  Get your cereal."

10:30 p.m.

Scene:  The great outdoors, young woman, young man, husband, wife, and me climbing into a convertible with the top down.

My thoughts:  It's funny how I always get to sit in front.  I guess now that everyone is in, I will get in, too.

My actions:  Close the door.

Results:  A little TINY grunt from the husband, followed by the young woman saying, "OPEN THE DOOR!"

The aftermath:  Husbands hand is basically crippled due to the fact that I completely shut the entire thing in the door and left it like that for about 5 entire seconds.  Twas obvious he was truly in pain, but he's such a good sport, and he didn't want me to feel bad, so he acted like it was nbd.  But it was.  I felt horrible.

10:37 p.m.

Scene:  A taco stand on the side of the street.  We've just arrived, and pulled up next to the curb.  Car is parked.

My thoughts:  I suppose it's time to get out, considering they just told me to bajate.

My actions:  Open the door.

Results:  Door hits curb in a relatively hard fassion.

Aftermath:  "Ay, Breetahn."  And then the young man says to me with a smile on his face (in Spanish of course), "Maybe you should just sit down and keep your hands to yourself so nothing bad happens."

And then they stuffed me with tacos and refresco and a partial cemita and a fried banana.

What will they ever do without me, that's all I have to say.


2 comments:

  1. It is so easy to see why you love your "family" I laughed so hard at your wonderful description of bungling, I can so relate. I'm the world's greatest bungler.

    Your grandmother loves you Breetahn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! that's about all I can say, wow! :D

    ReplyDelete