Saturday, July 16

Es Mi Turno

There is a little obsession going on around here and it's called the Color Code.  We teachers of English here in Tehuacan like to let our lives revolve around said code and guess what.  All the other bloggers have done a post about it.  So I figured it's my turn.


Here's the break down (in as little detail as possible).  Actually, you know what?  I was about to do all the work myself, but then I remembered what I just told you two seconds ago:  All the other teachers have already done it.  So I'm going to take the liberty of copy and paste and show you what Paige said about each color on her blog...


RED (Motive: POWER)—These are the power wielders. Power: the ability to move from point A to point B and get things done, is what motivates and drives these people. They bring great gifts of vision and leadership and generally are responsible, decisive, proactive and assertive. 

BLUE (Motive: INTIMACY)—These are the do-gooders. Intimacy: connecting, creating quality relationships and having purpose, is what motivates and drives these people. They bring great gifts of quality and service and are generally loyal, sincere, and thoughtful.

WHITE (Motive: PEACE)—These are the peacekeepers. Peace: the ability to stay calm and balanced even in the midst of conflict, is what motivates and drives these people. They bring great gifts of clarity and tolerance and are generally kind, adaptable, and good-listeners.

YELLOW (Motive: Fun)—These are the fun lovers. Fun: the joy of living life “in the moment”, is what motivates and drives these people. They bring great gifts of enthusiasm and optimism and are generally charismatic, spontaneous, and sociable.







Thanks Paige.  

So, ya.  All of us have taken the test and we all know each others' colors and we pretty much apply everything we do to what color we are and it. is. awesome.

That being said, please enjoy the following video taken on week four of our vacation:


If you didn't understand that, here's what went down:  I don't really know how it started, all I know is Hannah and I were sitting there and Emily says, "Two reds were sittin on a bench.  One said to the other..."  And then she and Hannah both said something at the same time.  Emily said, "Don't you hate everybody?"  And Hannah said, "What the H is she doing?"  

Funniest joke of my life.  In fact, funniest joke of all our lives combined.  So funny that we had to reenact it with camera in hand.  Thus, the above video.  

And that was the start of an entire day full of made up jokes about colors.  And they all apply specifically to someone(s) in our group, at one time or another.

Two blues sitting on a bus.  Their collars were choking them.

One yellow was talking to herself.  She laughed.

Oh man.  They really don't get old.  Sooo funny!

If you haven't had your turn obsessing about the Color Code, please take the opportunity to do so now.  Take the test, see what you are, make everyone currently present in your life take the test, see what they are, and then, when this fairytale life I live ends and I come home to all of you, and all I want to talk about is Mexico, and all you want to do is say, "Callate!". . . then maybe we can we can change the subject to the Color Code, but only for a few minutes.  


Sale?

Bueno.


*I didn't want to have to do this, because I feel like translations ruin the feel of Spanish on my Mexican blog, buuuuut this one is a tad hard for you non Mexican-readers, so here's a hint:  Sale is not like yard sale.  It's in Spanish.  A.k.a. Sah ley? And I don't really know how to spell it so that's my best guess.  Peace. 

2 comments:

  1. hehehe late on the reading of post but funny we sistas have already obsessed about colors many moons ago. Funny when you get knew interesting applicable information it does take over for a short period of time then you stick it in the back of your mind with allt he other cool interesting and enlightening info :-)Brenda I don't know how to post with my name at the beginning
    :-()

    ReplyDelete