Sunday, July 17

Running Around Like a Chicken With its Head Cut Off

Dear Diligent Blog Followers,

I am so so sorry.  I know I have not been a good blogger lately.  I know I never tell you any awesome stories of my awesome life anymore.  I know I only post videos that don't make sense/apply to your life at this point.  I know that you are starting to get bored of seeing the same post at the top of the page day after day.  I know this, and I am sorry.  Let me explain.

Last week I went on pretty much the best vacation of my life.  I taught my niños for only three short days and then I was gone to Taxco/Cuernavaca/Puebla for what seriously seemed like a month.  Every single day was a week long and let me tell you, it was Heaven.  But, as you can imagine, trying to document an entire month of life is nearly impossible, and that is under normal circumstances.  My circumstances this week (This week?  Try for the past 2 and a half months!) have been anything but normal.

We started our "Summer" session of ILP so our morning schedule is changed.  Now I teach from 10 a.m. to 12 p.m. every other morning at Help, and then I have the same evening class from 5:30 to 7:30 (with two new students who are awesome).  Entonces, I really have a lot more time away from school now, but for some reason that does not translate to less busy.  In fact, I was busier this week than I have ever been.  In Mexico at least.  Would you like to hear how I spent my time the past 6ish days?

1.  I spent HOURS this week playing basketball, riding bikes, and playing at parks with at least two or more of the following:  Elvira, Jorge, Miguel, y Roberto (depending on the day).  Best time of my life.

2.  Soccer night on Tuesday with the teachers and then tacos afterwords.  And you know how I can't play soccer.  Well my fellow maestros like to humor me and tell me I'm such an awesome goalie every single time I lay a finger on the ball.  Seriously.  I got cheers from both teams.  It was great.

3.  We (me, Elvira, Miguel, Jorge, Evelia, y Berto) went to Transformers 3.  But first we stopped in at the arcade and played some games.  And despues we bought tons of nachos, y palomitas, y candy, y coca for all.  But water for me.  I like to be healthy.  Te he.

4.  Elvira and I went to a bachelorette party.  Yes.  You read that correctly.  I, Brittan, went to a bachelorette party while living in Mexico.  There may or may not have been a boy dancer dressed as a cowboy.  He may or may not have danced on everyone there, including me.  Bahaha.

5.  I dominated at Crash Team Racing, as usual.

6.  Yesterday I spent the entire day at a wedding (for the girl whose bachelorette party I attended).  That was quite the experience.  Evelia made me dress for the occasion.  As in, she had a square for fabric, and she turned it into a dress.  I chose the material.  It's purple.  And it's awesome.  They also bought me little silver zapatitas to go with it because the shoes I brought from the U.S. were really unsuitable.

7.  And I spent today con mi familia doing whatever, eating, playing games, watching Aladin, going to the centro, doing whatever, and eating some more.

I could literally turn any of those numbers into entire blog posts.  So do you see my dilemma?  I have to blog about a month of vacation, plus all of that?!?!?  I can't do it!  It overwhelmes me just thinking about it!  Plus, if I were to spend my time blogging and/or emailing for that matter, then I wouldn't be around for all the experiences I just mentioned, me entienden?

Entonces, I have decided to set my priorities and guess what.  Blogging is not number one.  It's not even number two.  Do you realize that I have exactly one month to the very numbered day (17th) and then I will be back in Utah for the rest of my life?  I don't want to spend my last month worrying about keeping up on my blog/emails and blah blah.  I want to spend it with my fam because, in case you can't tell, I LOVE THEM TO DEATH.  I always have such a great time with them and in one tiny tiny TINY month I will return to my old life and things will never ever be the same again.  I am going to miss all of this so much, you have no idea.  I just really really wish with all my heart that this next month could pass at snail pace, but guess what.  It won't.  So I'm going to do all I can to enjoy what little time I have.

And by enjoy, I don't mean blog.  I mean party hard with the family.  Okay?

Now, a few matters of business/clarification.  That does not mean I quit the blog.  Don't worry.  I will still post things.  But I'm pretty sure I will never get around to the awesome kinds of posts I was previously doing.  Those take time, which I clearly don't have.

Secondly, I really do appreciate all the support from you all, even though I probably don't act like it.  I read every comment and they always make me smile.

Ronda?  You are awesome.  You helped me get here and then you actually care about what I'm doing and all your comments make my day.

And Laurie?  Dang, sista, I am so sorry, you should have asked me for that bracelet like 2 days earlier because I have only seen those dudes on vacations and I just completed my last one, so I can nearly guarantee I will not see them again.  If I do, I will totally get you one, but don't count on it.

Grandma?  You read blogs?!  Whaaaat?  Thanks for your support, too.  I love you.

And Reagan!!  Okay here's the deal.  I can totally see you doing this.  Trust me, I wouldn't just say that to anyone, because not just anyone can.  Meckenzie, for example?  No.  I don't see her doing this.  But you?!?!?  Oh my gosh, YES!  Start saving.  You will not regret it.

Everybody else?  Don't worry, I didn't forget you.  Thank you for your support and love.  Truly.

Third matter of business.  In case you are wondering how my Spanish is coming along:  It's not.  I speak English at all times.  But guess what.  I made a commitment to my family last night/this morning that I will spend my last month learning/speaking Spanish.  I have already learned so much and it's only been one day.  This. is. awesome.

Last, and least?  The reason for the title of this post:


And you thought I was referring to my busy life.  Te he.

No but seriously, this horrified me.  And this guy is gentle about it.  You should have seen the first one I saw.  It was a girl doing it and she was pretty much a legit chicken killer.  I could not believe my eyes.  That's what happens at the sidelines of wedding preparations here in Mexico.

Alright, peace out, my friends.

Love, Brittan

1 comment:

  1. Brittan, you are so great and, yes, I can see Reagan doing exactly what you are doing. It's so great that you are loving it.

    ReplyDelete