Sunday, July 24

More Bits and Pieces of Mi Vida

Teaching:

I know, I know, from the videos it appears that all we ever do is play around.  Oh wait, that is all we do.

No, just kidding, we do legit learning every single day, but why would I film that?  Thus, you only get to see the fun.  This is 3 of 10 students from Megan's class.  (We rotate mid-class and teach another class for a half hour).


Aren't they adorable?

I may have forgotten to tell you, but they combined Brian's class with mine, so remember Nydia who I mentioned forever ago?  She's mine now!  We painted faces on Thursday.  It was great fun.




Eating:

This is called a Guanabana.


It's a fruit.

It's acutally green on the outside, but here it is already peeled.

It's slimy.

It has giant seeds.


It's really quite delicious.

It makes good agua tambien.

I don't remember what this next thing is called, but at the bottom right corner you can see it.  It's stuffed chili with stuff on the outside of it and it's a July food.  I also don't remember what that black stuff is at the top of the pick, but yes, that is black.  Probably the only real food I have ever seen that is suppsed to be that legitly black.  It was crazy.



Vacationing:

The fam and I went to Teotihuacan to see the pyramids on Friday.  Best day of my life.

Miguelito, Rosa, Miguel, Jorge, Breetahn
Me.  Estoy bolando.
Miguelito.
Me, Jorge, y Elvira jumping off the Pyramid of the Moon.


Speaking:

I have found words from both languages that you just need to use sometimes that don't exist in the language you are speaking.  For example:  Just kidding.  That doesn't exist in Spanish.  I mean, ya, they say, "Es una broma," which means it's a joke, but that is not the same, trust me.  Sometimes you just need to say just kidding and you can't.  And from Spanish?  Grosero.  When someone does something that is disrespectful, like hit a girl, fart, flip you off, kick you in the knee, ignore you, etc., that is called a grosero.  And if you're a girl, it's a grosera.  And if it's a bad word coming out of your mouth then it's a groseria.  I seriously think I'm going to use that word from now on, even at home, because it makes so much sense!  Like yesterday, I was trying to explain to Miguelito the difference between "Excuse you" and "Excuse me" because he kept saying "Excuse you" to me, even though he knew it was wrong.  He was just trying to tease me because I would always be like, "It's excuse me!"  So then I explained that to say, "Excuse you" is una groceria of sorts because it's rude, you know?  It's hard to explain via blog, but suffice it to say, every language has it's missing words/phrases.

But here are some that are not missing from the Spanish language:

Ojo por un ojo, diente por un diente (Eye for an eye and tooth for a tooth).
Buen punto (Good point).
Piensa rapido (Think fast).

Also, we love making words small around here, just for fun.  Like, cochecito, perrito, grocerito, Breetahnita, graciasita, etcita.


La Familia:

Unfortunately I don't have any pictures of this yet, but we have been playing basketball and soccer like non other lately and it is soooooo fun.  Next time I swear I will bring my camera and take pictures for you.  We run around and play hard and sweat and hurt and just have a blast.  And then we come home and eat cereal.  Boo yes.

So here's just a pic of us at la casa de los abuelitos.

Me, Itzel, Alejandro, Diego behind Alejandro, Jorge, Miguel, Abuelito, Moises, y Cesar.
And yes, I finally figured out how to spell his name:  Cesar.



Emperor's New Groove:

You know the part where the two niños are in their bunk bed arguing and they say, "Yahuuuuuu...yahuh nuh uh ya huh nuh uh ya huh nuh uh, 'night mom, ya huh nuh uh ya huh nuh uh..."  Well we quote that on a daily basis.  Te he.


The Wedding:

This is Elvira y yo in the dresses Evelia made for us, at the wedding last week.  I know you can't really see the dresses, but whatev.


And then we have Miguel drinking the wine.



The Weather:


It's perfect.  Not too hot.  Not too cold.  I know, Heaven, right?  Exactly what I was thinking.


Random Pic of the Day:


Roberto y yo drinking a giant coconut.



Peace out.

2 comments:

  1. Brittan, Thanks so much for sharing this wonderful experience with us. Love you, Grandma

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is an AWESOME impersonation of MJ. I was laughing during the whole video!

    ReplyDelete