Wednesday, July 20

Teasers

So here's what my mother said about my last post (not in these exact words), "I liked it.  You gave lots of info is a small space.  Maybe you should do that whole numbers thing with your vacation.  Just give us little teasers and then you can give us all the details when you get home.  Then you won't forget."

Isn't she brilliant?  That's why I call her my mom.  Aside from the obvious reasons.

Thus, your post of vaca teasers...

1.  Leave Thursday morning at 5:30 a.m.  Final destination?  Taxco, a.k.a. Heaven.  Jesus even guards this place.

2.  Visit our temporary home.  Yes it was a monastery.  Yes there were legitmate nuns.  Yes they make candles and granola and play basketball and pray and wear aprons and things on their heads at all times.  Yes they were freaking hilarious.  Do I want to be a nun when I grow up?  I think YES.

3.  Shop, eat ice cream, get drenched by a thunderstorm, visit Jesus himself, sleep in the softest bed of my Mexican life, eat the best breakfast of my Mexican life, talk to the coolest nuns of my ENTIRE life, visit the biggest caves on the planet, etc.

4.  You know the saying, "Good night, sleep tight, don't let the bed bugs bite?"  Well someone should have said that to us before we went to sleep.  Because bite they did.

5.  Learn that it is really quite creepy how much English everyone knows in these touristy towns.  I don't like it.

6.  Ride on every level of a combie possible, front, middle, trunk, you name it, I sat there.

6.5.  Speaking of combies, one evening the driver was playing a bunch of American music so we sang our hearts out and guess what.  All the other passengers loved us.  They loved us so much in fact, that when our time came to exit at the bottom of the monastery street, they kindly asked the driver to take us all the way up.  AWESOME.

7.  El Rollo?  Best water park on the planet?  Again, I think yes.

8.  What?  More ice cream?  Best food on the planet?  Is that even a question?!

9.  People like to make out on buses.  FYI.  I mean, I thought the sidewalks were public enough, but to have a front row view to the sights and sounds.... te he.  That was fun.

10.  Awesome markets full of awesome souveniers and great memories.

11.  The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints?  Best church ever?  I KNOW yes.

12.  ENDLESS jokes about nuns.  Thank you, Brian.

13.  ENDLESS jokes about colors.  Remember those?

14.  And finally, a bunch of random pics, definitely not in order, but still enjoyable, if I do say so myself.












After this bottom pic was taken, I was walking away and I heard that, "Tch, tch" sound that people do around here to get your attention.  So I turned around and there was a guy standing there with a camera wanting a picture of me "for the press."  So I gave him one.  Baha.

So.  Best vacation ever?  Yes, my friends.  Best vacation ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment