Thursday, June 23

Dear Meckenzie,


Remember that day you FREAKED out at me because I looked at the moon without you?

And remember how I quickly got down on my knees and begged your forgiveness because I was not able to give you your EVERY wish even though I am presently living in a DIFFERENT COUNTRY?

And remember how I promised you - crossed my heart and hoped to DIE - that I would look at it at 10 pm that one Sunday evening?  So you could look at it at 9?

And then I told you how awesome you are and how I want to be JUST LIKE YOU when I grow up, and you told me to shut it?

And then that Sunday came and do you remember where I was?  I was looking at the luna.

Do you remember where you were?  Oh, of course you don't, because you WEREN'T LOOKING AT THE MOON.  You were probably eating an ice cream cone and watching Psych while Brady gave you a back massage and Lily fanned you with a leaf.

Fortunately for YOU I basically knew, right then and there, that I was the only one looking at the moon that night, and that you were elsewhere, so guess what I did.  I took a pic of it so you could see what the moon looks like in MEXICO.


And since you really don't care about what I'm up to down yonder, I know you won't read this post until maybe Sunday, in which case, I have a request.  Can you please tell Mark, "Feliz Cumpleaños!" for me?  Gracias, you're a doll.

Loves, Brittan


3 comments:

  1. Brittan, you are so entertaining, I check your blog daily just so you know you really are still on my mind. You are awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Je regrette. Non, je tres regrette. Et I appreciate the moon photo. It's quite lovely. And you were spot on with the ice cream, psych, and back massage. Except Lily wasn't fanning me with a leaf. She was singing my favorite song at the top of her lungs while benjamin fed me grapes. But I'm sure your time in Mexico with the cockroaches was good too. Hahaha, I crack myself up. And did you like how i threw in that french? That was just in case you were sick of all that foreign spanish. I do hope you enjoy. Anywho, thanks for looking at the moon without me. We will have to plan another moon date soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahaha I so hope my two little nina's will read and appreciate the fun two sisters can have who love and enjoy their differences

    Brenda

    ReplyDelete