Tuesday, June 14

Equal Me


So, have you ever thought to yourself, "I wonder where Brittan will be in 3 and a half years.  What will she be doing?  What will she like?  How will she feel about the weather?"

Meet Hannah Judd.  This is me.  Me and she?  We are we.  She was born 3 and a half years prior to moi, and aside from that tiny fact, we are the same person.  It is crazy.

Hannah is the oldest child.  I am the oldest child.

Hannah has a younger sister and they are bffs.  I have a younger sister and we are bffs.

Hannah's younger sister is named Emily, and she is here in Mexico with us.

My little sister se llama Meckenzie and she is not here in Mexico with us, but trust me, I would love if she was.  But actually, Emily = Meckenzie, so I basically feel like I'm home.  I laugh at everything Meckenzie says because she freaking cracks me up, and guess what.  I laugh at everything Emily says, too.

And when I see Hannah and Emily together?  It really is like home.  Truly.

They have a little brother who is obsessed with the Steelers.  They are from Texas.

I have two little brothers who are obsessed with the Steelers.  I'm from Utah.  How does that happen?

So back to me and Hannah.

Hannah is a Red.  I'm a Red.  If you don't know the personality colors, go look it up.  But that similarity says a lot right there.

Hannah emailed me once, and she apologized for not capitalizing, like it actually matters.  Oh wait, because it does matter, and she knows that.  I always capitalize in emails.

Hannah calls people by their full name, even if they go by Kim or Brad.  I call people by their full name, even if they go by Jake or Kate.

Hannah criticizes Emily for holding her mouth in a weird way when she talks to certain people.  I have totally said the same thing to Meckenzie.

This is what Hannah thinks about watermelon:  "It's alright.  I eat it because it's a summery fruit and I like that."  It's like she took the words right out of my brain.

Hannah abbreviates words.  I abbreviate words.

One day Jill made cupcakes for her class.  I walked into the kitchen and said, "It smells divine."  I hear Emily from the other room, ". . . you are the same person. . ." and in walks Hannah:  "What did I say when I walked into the kitchen?  'It smells divine.'  We are the same person."

Tis true people.  And really, I can't even rememer half the things we have found to be the same between us.  In fact, I'm kind of sad when I look at this tiny list because every single day we find something else that proves Hannah is me in the future.  I'm Hannah in the past.  She is me.  I am her.  We are we, my friends, and we love it.

It's a good thing we like each other.  Guess what Hannah says to me, "I cannot believe how young you are.  I do not like 18 year olds.  They annoy the crap out of me.  Freshman and Sophmores?  Ew.  But you don't seem that young at all!  I would have never guessed you were that young.  I like you, Brittan!"  And at the beginning of this adventure, when she first found out my age, she told me she sometimes thought of me as older than her.  And she's 22.

Now, if you know me, which you probably don't, but I LOVE LOVE LOVE when people think I'm older than I am.  So we were instant friends right there.

Anyway, she is awesome and I love her and I'm so glad I met her here on my lovely Mexican adventure.  It would just not be the same without her, I tell you.

Now, for a quick explanation of the title.  I don't know why, but my students always say, "Equal me" instead of, "Me too."  It doesn't even make sense because it translates directly in Spanish, "Yo tambien." But I find it hilarious.  Rico says it the most.  Sara will say, "I need a pencil," and Rico will say, "Equal me."  It's awesome.

So, now that you've met Hannah, you think she is approximately the coolest person on the planet?  Equal me, my friends.  Equal me.

*POST EDIT:  Okay this is crazy.  So after posting this, I went over to check out Hannah's blog only to find that she did a post today and guess what she talked about.  The Color Code.  And the fact that she's a Red.  And the fact that her Freshman year of college she made everyone that stepped foot in her door take the test.  I totally did that last semester.  She even posted a "legit chart" of Red characteristics.  You can read her post here if you would like to see even more proof that HANNAH JUDD = BRITTAN PLANTE, and that is the truth.  Whoa, we both have double letters in our names.  Te he.

1 comment:

  1. If you give a mouse a cookie, he's going to ask for a glass of milk.

    If you link to your equal's blog, she's going to find out and then come read yours.

    Stop being so hilarious and great at writing. I love this post. I love all of your posts. And most importantly, I love you.

    ReplyDelete