Wednesday, June 29

Me Too!


I figured you all could maybe appreciate (although definitely not at the level I do) the following bit of news:

Remember how my kidlets always say, "Equal me," right?  Especially Rico, right?  And every time he says it I say, "It's me too."  And then I make him repeat it.

Wellllllll.  On Monday we were in class like normal, talking in English and doing our own thing and guess what came out of Rico's mouth THE FIRST TIME, WITHOUT ANY DIRECTION FROM ME!!!

Rico:  Me too.

Me:  OH MY GOSH!!! RICO!!! I LOVE YOU!!!!! YOU JUST SAID ME TOO!!!! I CAN'T HANDLE THIS!!!!!

Rico just shrugs like it's no big deal.

Tuesday comes along.

Jesús:  Me equal.  ( I know, at least he put the "me" in the right spot, right?)

Rico:  IT'S ME TOO!

Me:  YEEESSSSSS!!!!!!

I pretty much die and go to Heaven when they remember things I have been trying to teach them and this one was a long time coming (like 2 months!), so I am so thrilled to hear him say it right.

And by the way, my Discovery class still points it out to me every time I say the word "until" and I love love love it.  These kids are actually learning.  Someday they will speak like natives and I can't wait. 

No comments:

Post a Comment