Friday, June 24

Oh Class From Heaven

Why can't all classes be just like you?


Do you see those little bunches of adorableness?  I get to spend 2 hours a day with these little niños and I honestly look forward to it every single day.

They are so smart and ready to learn.  They soak everything in and then they are ready for more.  Yesterday we made our own crossword puzzles and they loved it.  They diligently drew the correct amount of boxes and then scoured their brains trying to come with the perfect way to describe the word that fit.  Then we all switched and completed each others and they thought it was so awesome that they wanted to do it again.  That's what I love about these kids.

Sara is so cute.  As I've told you before, she remembers everything I say word for word, but the good thing is she can also apply what I say to her own sentences.  Whenever we have the spelling test, I will say the word and she will automatically use it in a sentence so everyone will know exactly which word we are talking about.  It's awesome and quite convenient because then I don't have to come up with one. I like when Sara is the only one who comes to class because we have awesome conversations and we genuinely enjoy our time together.  She's truly a joy to have in class.  Isn't that such a teacher comment of me to make?  I love it.

Rico freaking cracks me up.  Every single day he makes me laugh so hard.  He knows a ton of English, it's so crazy.  And even when I teach them something just one time and then don't bring it up again for like 3 days, he always finds it somewhere at the back of his brain the next time I ask about it.  I like him because he is old enough and mature enough to have real conversation with, but at the same time, he's still a little boy who gets super excited about the tiniest things, and who wants to be super good, you know?  I like when he is the only one who comes to class because then I can give him undivided attention and he will tell me story after story and I laugh my head off the whole time.  But at the same time, we can still do our whole language arts lesson and he will willingly do everything I ask him to, even though he's the only one, and guess what.  He honestly enjoys it!  It's great.

Jesús is such a good kid.  He is also very good at English and he frequently surprises me with the things he knows.  I love that Jesús would rather learn than play games.  He is all business.  If I have a list of words?  He'll ask me if he can put them in alphabetical order, and then he won't even wait for my response, he'll just do it. One time I taught them to cross their words at the letters they have in common, and he loved it.  I had a paper with 30 words written on it and I told them to cross ten of them but Jesús took the liberty to do all 30 and he still finished first.  He is probably the quietest in the class, but it's actually a good thing, because he does still talk, and I don't have to force it out of him, but at the same time, he acts as the peace maker between Sara and Rico who argue almost every day.  I like when Jesús is the only one who comes to class because I get to ask him whatever I want and then listen to him, and only him, talk in his adorable voice and we don't have to worry about being interrupted by other, more vocally dominant students.

Do you see how lucky I am?  How did I get the best class EVER?!  I have no idea, but I am certainly glad I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment